Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jimmy and me

It was a good Apogee, with me keeping BOB in the batch (credit to Vivek on a great quiz), and coming second in a few other quizzes (credit to Jha and Roy on coming first in them)...a good time to make an exit from quizzing, I guess.

Jimmy Wales's lecture was articulate and funny, but it seemed like he was only here to drum up publicity for his latest venture, Wikia. Anyway, I (along with a couple of others - Kaul and Rukku) accosted him backstage as he was leaving the stage, and after saying a few words about how Wikipedia has really helped our 'Quizzing Club' here, I managed to get a photo with him...or rather, in the same frame as him:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't like the way Mr. Wales was treated as a God in our campus after a significant amount of Internet folks consider him as evil. On a sidenote, I see the response for his speech as the changing trend of increasing interest people on campus over internet enabled services and technologies